Mar 12, 2020
Ever since I built my computer about 1.5 years ago, I noticed that whenever I plugged in my power supply cord into the power supply, or even moved it a bit, I noticed some sort of crackling sound (I have no idea if this is a normal thing), but for a long time now (maybe about a year), sometimes when I have attempted to turn on my computer in the morning, it would not turn on, and I would simply fix this problem by unplugging my PSU cord from the PSU and plugging it back in and moving it around a little. It seems like an unusual fix, but then I wouldn't have a problem for maybe a couple of days to a few weeks or so before it would happen again, but I would use the same solution to fix the problem every time. My computer has never shut off on me while I was using it (I use my pc mainly for playing games), and I only have any of these weird problems when I am trying to turn on my pc. However, there has been maybe two instances where my friends are clowning around next to my computer, bump it pretty hard and move the power cord a little bit so the computer turns off and won't turn back on until I use my same solution of jiggle/unplug the power cord again. I am not sure exactly which component is the culprit for this weird problem, so I just put this thread under Power Supplies, but could it be the cord? Maybe the motherboard (though that seems unlikely)? Maybe my home's power? As a side note I have my PSU cord is currently plugged into a surge protector, but I have tried plugging it directly into the outlet for about a month or so, but I still had the same problems. Any suggestions, tips, or answers are greatly appreciated! My PSU: EVGA 110-BQ-0500-K1

TRENDING THREADS