Computer sometimes won't boot

dustinjcarroll

Prominent
Oct 18, 2017
Hi,

Finished a new build about a month ago, other than the problem I will describe below, it has been running well.

Ryzen 5 1600x
AsRock x370 killer sli/ac mb
gtx 1060 6gb
Windows 10
Corsair vengeance 3200 2x8gb

Sometimes the computer fails to boot up and display anything on my monitor. It never shows the Asrock screen or anything. I usually can fix this by rebooting another time or two, but sometimes I need to turn the power supply off and back on to fix the issue.

I can't seem to find any rhyme or reason when this happens, but I have been tweaking OC settings in RyzenMaster (my OC in bios has been stable since the second day of the computer at 3.8 ghz 1.4 volts) and MSI afterburner but the reboot problems happen with default GPU OC settings and my normal CPU OC which seems to have been working for awhile now.

Any ideas what might cause this? I tried pulling everything out and reconnecting cables etc, but I can do that again or does anyone have anything else to suggest I look into? Thanks.

Solution
First step, when you are having any issues stop all overclocking, test again on stock speeds.

Did you test with one stick of RAM at a time? What is the power supply brand and model? Bad power supply can cause what you are seeing.