Question Computer sometimes won't restart, fans come on full

Canuck83

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2002
Hi, this is a fairly new build. Sometimes when I restart, the fan just comes on full and the computer won't restart without toggling the PSU back switch. I haven't noticed this before and built this back in April, seems to be a new issue. When I toggle the switch it typically reboots 3 times, to reset the memory I imagine. I did force the memory to 3200 in the bios fyi.

Asus TUF B450M-Plus
Ryzen 5 3600
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200
Windows 10 Pro

alceryes

Distinguished
What's your power supply make and model? Have you made any changes to the system BIOS settings recently? Is your system overclocked?

Try writing down/taking pics/saving your current BIOS and then resetting your BIOS to default. Use it for a couple/few days and see if that corrects the issue.

Canuck83

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2002
I used the bios to do the Auto ASUS overclock. I just reset it to defaults and will keep testing. I may still set up the auto fan and leave the OC as is. I think the bios overclocked it to 10% or so. I have a Hyper 212 Evo fan.

The overclock was quite a while ago though, not sure why it would act up now.

Canuck83

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2002
This seems to have fixed it, not sure why it was acting up but I no longer have issues restarting now. I'll try slowly tweaking the bios again and see if I can get it to work. My guess is it was ram timings as that was the last thing I changed. Maybe I'll leave them in auto.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS