Question Computer sometimes won't restart, fans come on full

Canuck83

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2002
Hi, this is a fairly new build. Sometimes when I restart, the fan just comes on full and the computer won't restart without toggling the PSU back switch. I haven't noticed this before and built this back in April, seems to be a new issue. When I toggle the switch it typically reboots 3 times, to reset the memory I imagine. I did force the memory to 3200 in the bios fyi.

Asus TUF B450M-Plus
Ryzen 5 3600
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200
Windows 10 Pro

What's your power supply make and model? Have you made any changes to the system BIOS settings recently? Is your system overclocked?

Try writing down/taking pics/saving your current BIOS and then resetting your BIOS to default. Use it for a couple/few days and see if that corrects the issue.

Canuck83

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2002
I used the bios to do the Auto ASUS overclock. I just reset it to defaults and will keep testing. I may still set up the auto fan and leave the OC as is. I think the bios overclocked it to 10% or so. I have a Hyper 212 Evo fan.

The overclock was quite a while ago though, not sure why it would act up now.

Canuck83

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2002
This seems to have fixed it, not sure why it was acting up but I no longer have issues restarting now. I'll try slowly tweaking the bios again and see if I can get it to work. My guess is it was ram timings as that was the last thing I changed. Maybe I'll leave them in auto.