Computer sporadic hibernation

psycher1

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2013
Occasionally it sleeps fine, other times it wakes up and stays awake forever. I'm aware of the two cmd powercfg cmd's, -requests and -lastwake, but they reveal nothing. No real signs of anything keeping it awake, used to think it was Firefox, but it occurs when everything's closed as well.

Unless anybody has anywhere else to turn, I believe it's either:
A) Avira Antivirus (not scheduled to do anything ever, but it 'is' the only thing that's always opened and I have some reason to believe one of it's processes might be cause for concern)
B) some kinda network access thing.

Don't really know how to approach either of these problems, if they're causing the problems at all. Anybody else ever diagnose/fix this problem? How'd you go about isolating the source? Am I on the right track?

Disable "wake from lan" in your network adapter properties in device manager. Uninstall Avira, temporarily, to eliminate it as a possibility. I'd also go through my other devices in device manager and in their properties disable any power saving or wake features listed, again, at least temporarily. Do each item one at a time and then test, so you can determine which item is to blame. It might even be something to do with the PSU. What are your system hardware specs?