nathanp9900

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
I've had this problem since I updated my computer's drivers around the 15th of this month using Dragon Center (Realtek Audio, Chipset, GPU, Headset). After playing games for a couple of hours my audio will start to crackle and pop just a bit and my games will start visibly screen tear and overall look like they drop frames to what feels like slideshow framerate when my fps counter says the framerate is fine.

So far my troubleshooting steps have been reinstalling most if not all drivers that I updated around that time, reinstalling windows over my current install using this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-windows/35160fbe-9352-4e70-9887-f40096ec3085. Yes I have clean reinstalled my GPU drivers with DDU twice trying to fix this but even on an older driver, it wasn't fixed. I have run DISM and SFC multiple times both in and out of safe mode and they both come up with nothing. I have updated BIOS, Windows, Run malware scans with Malwarebytes and Windows Defender. I have checked device manager and nothing is acting up.

Things I've noticed is using the driver verify tool offered by windows with the recommended setup (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...behaving/f5cb4faf-556b-4b6d-95b3-c48669e4c983) it always goes off as soon as I start up my pc without telling me the driver that caused it. Another thing is that even when I update Realtek Universal and Nahimic Drivers it causes my pc to go offline when it starts installing and fails when using MSI Dragon Center. Even when I manually installed the latest drivers it still says it's the version I previously had and not the latest even though control panel confirms it's the right version.

I want to know if this is most likely a software or hardware issue, if my Graphics Card or CPU is dying (both about 1 year and 2 months old) or if it's windows or drivers.

PC:
CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X
GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 Super FTW3 Ultra
Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge WIFI
PSU: EVGA G5 850w

Solution
I've had this problem since I updated my computer's drivers around the 15th of this month using Dragon Center (Realtek Audio, Chipset, GPU, Headset). After playing games for a couple of hours my audio will start to crackle and pop just a bit and my games will start visibly screen tear and overall look like they drop frames to what feels like slideshow framerate when my fps counter says the framerate is fine.

So far my troubleshooting steps have been reinstalling most if not all drivers that I updated around that time, reinstalling windows over my current install using this...

So far my troubleshooting steps have been reinstalling most if not all drivers that I updated around that time, reinstalling windows over my current install using this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-windows/35160fbe-9352-4e70-9887-f40096ec3085. Yes I have clean reinstalled my GPU drivers with DDU twice trying to fix this but even on an older driver, it wasn't fixed. I have run DISM and SFC multiple times both in and out of safe mode and they both come up with nothing. I have updated BIOS, Windows, Run malware scans with Malwarebytes and Windows Defender. I have checked device manager and nothing is acting up.

Things I've noticed is using the driver verify tool offered by windows with the recommended setup (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...behaving/f5cb4faf-556b-4b6d-95b3-c48669e4c983) it always goes off as soon as I start up my pc without telling me the driver that caused it. Another thing is that even when I update Realtek Universal and Nahimic Drivers it causes my pc to go offline when it starts installing and fails when using MSI Dragon Center. Even when I manually installed the latest drivers it still says it's the version I previously had and not the latest even though control panel confirms it's the right version.

I want to know if this is most likely a software or hardware issue, if my Graphics Card or CPU is dying (both about 1 year and 2 months old) or if it's windows or drivers.

PC:
CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X
GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 Super FTW3 Ultra
Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge WIFI
PSU: EVGA G5 850w
I wouldn't trust MSI Dragon Center with my computers drivers

Solution

TRENDING THREADS