Computer starts by pressing any key on keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhonsm007

Honorable
Jul 4, 2012
i have prob,that when computer is turned-off,after i press any key then it turns on.what the hell problem is..
motherboard is gab75md3h
win8 pro 64 bit

Solution
go to Power Options, on the left select Choose what the pwer button does, disable Turn on Fast Startup, problem solved. this basically disables the HD swap function and causes the Windows 7 like shutdown always
contact me i'll help you

Why not just help him in the Forum, Dinesh? The power of the collective brain is far stronger than individuals' contributions.

As an example, I'll add to your excellent advice which has worked in Windows since version 3.1, that Specimen also takes his battery out after powering off. When he puts it back, the problem may have gone away.

Steve McGrossi

Honorable
Feb 11, 2014
Make sure you set off the Gigabyte On/Off Charge for USB devices, in order for a keyboard to boot up a shut down machine it should be gaining power from somewhere, better stick to the motherboard for this problem

unplanned bacon

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2014

I thought Gigabyte boards only allowed PS2 wired keyboards to boot the computer. My wireless one is unable to start it

jinayhvora

Honorable
go to Power Options, on the left select Choose what the pwer button does, disable Turn on Fast Startup, problem solved. this basically disables the HD swap function and causes the Windows 7 like shutdown always

Solution

alavago

Reputable
Nov 24, 2014

Thanks - sorted an intermittent problem on my upgraded win 8 desktop with a PS/2 Keyboard.
Came to it several times to find it switched on after it had been shut down properly the night before????

Mystery solved when our cat jumped off my knee onto the keyboard and the computer started to boot.

Applied your fix and our cat can no longer use the computer unsupervised.

Status
Not open for further replies.