Computer starts running but monitor does not display

Moosay

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
Hello Experts, my home built computer recently stopped working correctly. The monitor doesn't show anything when the computer turns on.

This all started when i wanted to clean the dust out of my computer, my intel cpu fan was caked in dust and i was experiencing random lag when i was just surfing the net. So i removed the intel cpu fan and brushed out the dust with a toothbrush because i didn't at the time feel like going out to buy a can of compressed air (i regret my choice). After i finished cleaning the fan i mounted it back on and brushed some of the dust off the graphics card PCB (or whatever you call it) but i stopped after 3 strokes because i felt i might damage it. I turned on the computer and all the fans started spinning and it seemed to be running but nothing appeared on the screen. So I started trouble shooting it, i suspected the graphic card might have broken so i removed it. Once i did this the monitor showed the ASUS motherboard picture thing that shows when you start up but didn't get past there. It would show the picture go black and show the picture again in a cycle that never stopped and i could hear the fans go fast and then slow down in the same cycle. Also i could enter the BIOS and it wouldn't restart but once i left BIOS menu to start the computer normally it would enter the cycle again. I have no idea what this means, is it the motherboard?

My Specs:
Motherboard: P8Z77-M
Power supply: Corsair CX600 600watt
CPU: i5-3550
Graphics Card: GTX 560 non ti
Ram: Kingston Hyper X Blu 8gb 1600mhz DDR3
Hard drive: WD Caviar Blue 500 GB SATA ( I think i don't have the box anymore)