Computer starts starts then shutsoff

Jason Bowers

Reputable
Apr 4, 2014
So about three months ago I got my computer built and everything was running just fine, until recently. I was just watching Twitch when all of a sudden my computer shut off. I tried turning it back on to it starting then shutting right off, not posting at all. I brought it to a local computer shop and they didn't have the right diagnostic tools to test my pc, but they told me my motherboard most likely is the issue. So I sent it back to Asus and I just got my motherboard back from them to get the same issue. I did some looking around and I decided to take my cpu out to find out that it booted up further than it has and stayed on.

Now I am at a pickle and I don't know if Asus sent me another faulty motherboard if it is my cpu that is the issue.

Has anyone else ran into this situation and have any idea on what could possibly be causing this?

Processor - Intel Core i7-6850K 6 Core Processor 4.6 GHz OC
GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0
Monitor - Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" 2560x1440 165Hz G-Sync
Memory - Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3333MHz
Motherboard - Asus Rampage V Edition 10 LGA2011 5-way Optimization
SSD - Samsung 850 EVO 1TB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD
HDD - WD Black 6TB Performance Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6 Gb/s 128MB Cache 3.5 Inch
Cooling - Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
Power Supply - EVGA Supernova G3 850W
Blu-Ray - LG Super Multi Blue Internal SATA 16x Blu-ray Disc Rewriter
Case - Cooler Master HAF X - Full Tower Computer Case with USB 3.0 Ports

Solution
its just flat out shutting down prior to post without an error message?

you are 100% sure that h100 has a pump thats running? can you feel the tubes to see if they're hot? Cause I'm pretty sure you should get some sort of bios message with almost any problem except a dead PSU/CPU or overheating problem.

those 140W intel chips can melt down in less then a second if they're not getting proper cooling, and it's not unheard of for the pump to break in some way or the liquid to dry up in one of those AIO coolers.
its just flat out shutting down prior to post without an error message?

you are 100% sure that h100 has a pump thats running? can you feel the tubes to see if they're hot? Cause I'm pretty sure you should get some sort of bios message with almost any problem except a dead PSU/CPU or overheating problem.

those 140W intel chips can melt down in less then a second if they're not getting proper cooling, and it's not unheard of for the pump to break in some way or the liquid to dry up in one of those AIO coolers.

Solution