computer starts up but doesn't boot the first time. second time it boots fine

oneof16million

Reputable
Apr 6, 2014
Alright
I have been looking on the internet, but can't find the same thing.
I have put my new ordered components in my old case and the first time it won't boot. It starts, the LEDs turn on, all the fans starts turning, cd/DVD drive can open and close, but the mouse and keyboard dont get power and the screen doesn't get a signal.Then, if I turn it off (by holding the power button) and on again. There is no problem. It boots fine.
Sometimes it's the same with shutting down. the screen, keyboard and mouse dont get power/signal, but it keeps running.

Does have anybody have a clue of what's wrong?

My pc specs:
AMD FX 6300
Corsair CX500M (500W)
Asrock 970 Pro3 R2.0
MSI R9 270X gaming 2G
Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB DDR3

Kind regards

anthony8989

Distinguished
Hmm, see when components don't power up the issue is usually hardware related. If the PC powers but doesn't boot the OS it's usually software. You seem to have an unusual mix of both. Have you tried booting with nothing but the monitor and power plugged in?

oneof16million

Reputable
Apr 6, 2014
Its the same promblem if i boot with only the monitor and power plugged in. I have tried to instal something, but got a blue screen...
I needed to shut it down power it on again, shut it down again and finaly boot it up again to get it work.
After trying some software that should solve the blue screen(repaired all thing it said) i got a blue screen >_<...
Now i'm reinstalling windows again. but the booting problem is still there..

oneof16million

Reputable
Apr 6, 2014
Its the same problem if i boot with only the monitor and power plugged in. I have tried to install something, but got a blue screen...
I needed to shut it down power it on again, shut it down again and finally boot it up again to get it work.
After trying some software that should solve the blue screen(repaired all thing it said) i got a blue screen >_<...
Now i'm reinstalling windows again. but it cant even install anymore.. it gets an blue screen while installing windows..
i'm getting a little desperate..

EnragedMatt

Reputable
May 21, 2014
This sounds like a power supply problem, switch yours out with a friends to verify.

PRK2529

Reputable
Oct 27, 2016
i had a same issue with my new pc

mother board:Asus Z170 gaming pro
processor: i5 6600k
ram: ddr 4 8gb ram
ssd:120gb
psu: 550vs

i faced this issue after i install old graphic card nvida geforce 8500gt but display was coming after 2nd boot..... games was running perfectly.
after i removed graphic card reset bios. 2nd boot problem stopped.. now my pc is running in 1st boot when ever i click power switch on...

regards
prk2529@gmail.com

PRK2529

Reputable
Oct 27, 2016
Hi guys,

Try this got to (Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options) submenu left hand side select (choose what the power button do)

in shutdown setting (uncheck turn on fast startup option).

hope so this will solve the problem.

TRENDING THREADS