Computer starts up, but monitor, mouse, and keyboard doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osterval

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013
I have a Biostar A780L3C motherboard with a Phenon II x4 965 CPU, 4gb ram. I have integrated
Radeon HD 3000 video cipset. One day my computer was working fine, I shut it down normally, then the next day I go to open it and I hear the normal boot sounds. But I have no power to my monitor, mouse, and keyboard. I checked the connections to everything and there was no problem. If I cannot find a solution I will just order a new one.

Solution
Buy a USB Controller Card (PCI or PCI express depending on the slots you have open on the motherboard) I mean if the computer still boots and everything thats about all you can do if the board is out of RMA
(Guessing it is cause you're using Phenom)

Bandaid it for now till your next upgrade, then hey you'll have extra USB ports for your new build :)

imadirtybirdy

Distinguished
May 6, 2011
Buy a USB Controller Card (PCI or PCI express depending on the slots you have open on the motherboard) I mean if the computer still boots and everything thats about all you can do if the board is out of RMA
(Guessing it is cause you're using Phenom)

Bandaid it for now till your next upgrade, then hey you'll have extra USB ports for your new build :)

Solution

imadirtybirdy

Distinguished
May 6, 2011
Your monitor not working too? Meh, You'll have to get a Video card then too.. Probably just better to go get yourself a brand new APU setup from Microcenter if you have one close to you, if you're not gaming (which it doesnt sound like you are if you're using the intergrated graphics on a biostar) The APU line quadcores are all good setups for light gaming/Everyday tasks/HTPCs. Though that 965 is better processor or on par with the best APU so buying a new AMD3 board wouldnt be a bad idea either if you find one at a good price.

Status
Not open for further replies.