Computer starts up only after being unplugged

Jul 3, 2018
Hello everybody,

Two weeks ago my computer, that is one year old didnt want to wake up after I accidently pushed the sleep button. I played a videogame. The computer was very busy at that moment and it took 1 min to put it into the sleep mode. When I wanted to wake the computer up, it didn't worked. I had to unplug the computer from the outlet to make it start up again. The next morning it started up without any problems. I wanted to test the computer, I turned it off through windows and it didnt want to turn back on.

I can get the computer back to work only after unplugging the pc from the outlet, wait at least 30 minutes and press the power button for one minute. Sometimes this procedure doesnt work and I dont know why. When it works, it doesn't show any errors in the windows 10. I can sit all day and use it. The problem starts after turning the pc off or putting it into the sleep mode. The pc shows life, but not when I want.

I also noticed when I go to the bios and click on "Save and Reboot" it turns off and I had to do the same procedure to make it work again. When I wanted to go in to the flash mode to update the bios the computer also turned itself off without going in to the flash mode.

I tried to remove the graphics card and memory sticks, clear the cmos battery and it still won't turn on normally. I also reinstalled the nvidia drivers and uninstalled the oculus rift software. The temperatures are normal. I don't want to update the bios right now, because I think the system is unstable and I will probably make more problems. I didnt test the psu with a paperclip.

Is this software or hardware problem? My computer specifications are below. Thanks for any help.

Pc specifications:
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 8x 3.00GHz So.AM4 BOX
MSI B350 PC MATE AMD B350 So.AM4 Dual Channel DDR4 ATX Retail
250GB Samsung 850 Evo 2.5" (6.4cm) SATA 6Gb/s TLC Toggle (MZ-75E250B/EU)
2000GB Seagate BarraCuda ST2000DM006 7.200U/min 64MB 3.5" (8.9cm) SATA 6Gb/s
550 Watt Seasonic G Series Modular 80+ Gold
8GB Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming G1 Aktiv PCIe 3.0 x16 1xDVI / 1xHDMI 2.0 / 3xDisplayPort (Retail)
16GB (2x 8192MB) G.Skill Aegis DDR4-3000 DIMM CL16-18-18-38 Dual Kit
Windows 10 Pro
Oculus Rift + Touch

TRENDING THREADS