[SOLVED] Computer startup issues

Sep 21, 2019
I'm at a loss. I just built this system last week. Havent been able to get it to run without blue screening seemingly randomly. At first the blue screen stop codes were all just 'IRQL not less then or equal' then they became more frequent (5mins runtime max) and also had a slew of different stopcodes. The only one I can remember off the top of my head is some sort of kernel error with resources not being released or something. I thought it was a driver issue with amds latest driver set for my rx5700. I switched it back to the windows basic driver and that seemed to fix the issue but I was getting ungodly screen tearing so I decided to go with an earlier driver 19.7.5 or 19.7.2. Had similar issues and rolled back to windows basic. I wanted to see if my friends card would work in my system or if I would have similar issues regardless of the card so installed his card and didnt even have enough time to download the drivers before it started blue screening again. It wont start windows anymore, just immediately gives me a blue screen that says 'critical resource died' or something along those lines. I decided to try and use my windows install key at this point to no avail, I just got a blue screen about 2 mins after booting off the usb. I'm starting to think this is a hardware issue but I have no idea where to begin, any thoughts?

Solution
My initial impressions are that it is a hardware issue and that it is either the RAM or the PSU. Even Seasonic occasionally makes a dud and someone buys and installs it. Try the RAM sticks by themselves and in all the different slots on the motherboard.
My initial impressions are that it is a hardware issue and that it is either the RAM or the PSU. Even Seasonic occasionally makes a dud and someone buys and installs it. Try the RAM sticks by themselves and in all the different slots on the motherboard.

Solution