[SOLVED] Computer stays on BIOS Memory Testing for too long without showing other details

May 7, 2021
Honestly I'm not much of a tech guy, but I kind of have an old PC, which was working and booting perfectly fine a few weeks ago.

When the problems began to appear, it all started with a hard drive crash on startup which was due to my loose hard drive cable . (or whatever you call it)

Just today, problems started to get worse, and this is why I'm posting this question, now it takes a hell of a long time to boot up, stuck on Memory Testing then going on the next screen all of a sudden without showing any other details.

Any help or support at my problem would be appreciated

Thanks!

Solution
it takes a hell of a long time to boot up, stuck on Memory Testing then going on the next screen all of a sudden without showing any other details.
is it your BIOS running the memory tests
or Windows?

if the BIOS;
if no error reports were displayed, this should just mean that there is no issue and the tests passed.

have you let it run for the necessary time to complete the tests and continue on to booting the system?
does it hang and fail to boot or have you just stopped it and\or restarted the system?
it can take hours for the tests to complete depending on what software it is using and what parameters have been set for the tests.

if it is Windows;
if it's running memory diagnostics and they're not completing this probably...
it takes a hell of a long time to boot up, stuck on Memory Testing then going on the next screen all of a sudden without showing any other details.
or Windows?

if the BIOS;
if no error reports were displayed, this should just mean that there is no issue and the tests passed.

have you let it run for the necessary time to complete the tests and continue on to booting the system?
does it hang and fail to boot or have you just stopped it and\or restarted the system?
it can take hours for the tests to complete depending on what software it is using and what parameters have been set for the tests.

if it is Windows;
if it's running memory diagnostics and they're not completing this probably means that it is leading to a crash during the test.
could mean the RAM is faulty and needs to be replaced.

try booting the system with only a single stick of RAM.
try each stick separately if using multiple,
and try each DIMM slot separately.

Solution
May 7, 2021
or Windows?

if the BIOS;

if it is Windows;
if it's running memory diagnostics and they're not completing this probably means that it is leading to a crash during the test.
could mean the RAM is faulty and needs to be replaced.

try booting the system with only a single stick of RAM.
try each stick separately if using multiple,
and try each DIMM slot separately.
(Sorry for late reply.)

Nope, it is the BIOS, however I was using Windows 8.1, migrated to Windows 7 and somewhat the problem seems to be not showing again at all, thanks for the help anyway.