Question Computer still crashing randomly

Jul 31, 2019
A while back I thought I had a fix, but it’s crashing still. I’ve taken it to 2 computer stores. One store couldn’t figure it out because it didn’t crash when they had it. The other computer store had it crash several times when they had it. That rules out it is not my power outlets in my house causing the crash. He also took out the GPU 2080ti and it crashed with a different GPU. He said he doesn’t think it’s the power supply because he tested it (but couldn’t test up to 1200 watts. He tested all the ram sticks and hard drive, they are good. He thought it could be my secondary drive (7200 rpm storage drive) shorting it out and took it out and said that was it, but a few days after I get home it crashed again. The only thing left that it could be is the mother board, cpu or power supply or some kind of software issue? The computer worked fine Right after I got it built from Feb to June this year. I spent $6400 on it so it’s a bummer. It’s a mai meg creation x399 mother board, 2990wx threadripper, Thermaltake 1200w toughpower grand 80plus platinum. Anybody have an idea what it could be? I came from a Mac so this is all new to me. Now it crashes about 5-10 minutes after I turn it on with no programs or software running.

Jul 31, 2019
Hard crash. Just turns completely off like if I hit the power button. To get it back on it takes a couple times of turning it on or off, then it’ll finally boot. Then after 5 minutes ( no
Programs running) same thing happens. I’ve had everything tested except the motherboard, cpu and power supply. I ordered a new power supply to see
If that’s the issue. The computer is 8 months old. Worked for about 5 months before the crashes started happening

Jul 31, 2019
if it shuts down its power failure or temperature protection
it doesnt have to be PSU fault, some hardware can also send some spikes which PSU doesnt likes
Hmmm. Yeah it will shut down sometimes with no programs running or within 5-10 minutes of turning on. It runs cool, all fans and liquid cooler are working fine. I used to run 3D programs and never had a problem with it crashing. It’s not the GPU because he tested with a different one and it still crashed. But sometimes it’ll go weeks without a crash. I’ve left it on for 2 days and it didn’t crash, but today it just started crashing again. Confusing