Computer Still Freezing after THREE Geek Squad repairs

tlongenb

Honorable
Nov 6, 2016
Hey all, I just spent a total of $340 to Geek Squad to repair my computer's random freezing. They did a Tune up, a diagnostic repair, and I brought it in for a physical repair and 30 minutes after I got home it's back to freezing every 30 minutes.

I noticed that my Windows Pro isn't activated and I was curious if that was the problem. The Geek Squad agent I spoke to before I took it into repairs said it could be a RAM problem.

This is my first custom PC build and I just finished building a couple months ago. I wasn't a full build, I upgraded almost every component in the computer that I bought off of someone. It's just aggravating and I'd love to know how I can fix this

AngeleJR

Reputable
Jul 1, 2014
You may have just wasted your money on Geek Squad, you might be entitled for refunds since they didn't really fix your computer. Most of the problems on your computer can now be Googled, therefore you should not have called them. Anyway, what kind of specs do you have in your PC?

tlongenb

Honorable
Nov 6, 2016
Sorry I should've included specs. I'm going through the process to get every dime of that money, but imo if I take it to your company three separate times and spend that much money, I shouldn't have this issue anymore. I'm new to this having a powerful computer thing but without further delay my specs are:

I7 6700k Intel processor
EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
16 GB HyperX Ram
128GB SSD
1 TB HDD
Gigabyte 1151 Motherboard

CircuitDaemon

Honorable
Feb 23, 2016

What about the PSU?

tlongenb

Honorable
Nov 6, 2016

Its a 650w, I can't remember the company

tlongenb

Honorable
Nov 6, 2016

Right now, no because I took it back to Geek Squad to refund me and they said they wanted to test the ram one more time and they bumped me to the front of the queue so I should have it back in the next day or so.

tlongenb

Honorable
Nov 6, 2016
UPDATE: Just got back from Geek Squad along with a refund and they couldn't find the specific problem. The agent said that they switched out the graphics card and it still froze so they think it's either Ram or PSU related.

My PSU is an OCZ 700MXSP