Question Computer still recognizes disconencted monitor

Jun 14, 2022
I run a two monitor setup, one monitor with hdmi and one with displayport. The displayport monitor also has my switch connected through hdmi, but when I'm on my switch and using the HDMI port, my computer still recognizes it. Therefore I have computer apps and desktop icons I cannot see because they are on said monitor. Is there a setting I am unaware of that could help me?

Also, I'd settle with the Win+P solution if I could toggle between the two settings. I get lost in the menu if I don't get it right the first time. Thanks

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

GPU: make and model? Switch info?

Connections being (line diagram):

Computer GPU -----HDMI -----> [HDMI port] Monitor 1 and GPU -----DP ----->[DP port] Monitor 2 [HDMI port] <------ HDMI ------- Switch

Free free to edit and correct my line diagram.

What do you see when you press "WIN" + "Tab"

"Therefore I have computer apps and desktop icons I cannot see because they are on said monitor. "

On monitor 2 ? If the apps and icons cannot be seen on Monitor 2 how do you know they are there?

I am missing something.....

Jun 14, 2022
Essentially, I have two imputs on one monitor, but while I'm using the monitor for my switch through HDMI, my computer still displays through DisplayPort.

I can go in and deactivate the display, but I was hoping for a more permanent solution, like a DisplayPort setting somewhere.