Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7600 CPU @ 3.50GHz
Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
RAM
8.0 GB
Operating System
Windows 10

Hey,

So my PC stops displaying signal sometimes while under load and after the display turns off I have to turn off the PC and leave it for 10 or so minutes or it won't post.

So far i've tried
New PSU
Fresh install of windows
Underclocking GPU
Changing monitor HZ
Using a different monitor/cables
GPU in a different PCI slot

I've put the GPU in a different computer and stressed test it but do not get the same issue

Hoping that someone here knows how to fix this problem!

Thanks

Solution
Old PSU was a "corsair vs550 psu" New PSU is a EVGA 500 W1
Problem is you've replaced a poorer PSU with possibly an even worse one, it could well still be the issue.

I've noticed when the display dies its usually after the GPU hits about 70c
The GPU has a max temperature of 97°C so 70 wouldn't be reaching it. It could still potentially be the PSU faulting under the higher load being as both units are lesser quality.

Also try the BIOS and drivers and feedback.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
  • What is your ENTIRE system specification, including what was the original and new PSU? - Make and models specifically.
  • So if you stress test it in your system the issue does not occur? - I ask this to make sure the SAME type of test is being performed on both machines.
  • How is your RAM configured? If 2 modules, are they from the same pack?
  • Is your BIOS up to date?
  • Have you installed all latest drivers (including MB & GPU) - NOT using a driver updater app?
  • Have you monitored CPU and GPU temps under load?

Mouseyrain

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2014
What is your ENTIRE system specification, including what was the original and new PSU? - Make and models specifically.
  • What is your ENTIRE system specification, including what was the original and new PSU? - Make and models specifically.
  • So if you stress test it in your system the issue does not occur? - I ask this to make sure the SAME type of test is being performed on both machines.
  • How is your RAM configured? If 2 modules, are they from the same pack?
  • Is your BIOS up to date?
  • Have you installed all latest drivers (including MB & GPU) - NOT using a driver updater app?
  • Have you monitored CPU and GPU temps under load?

Furmark was run on both systems. When I run it on my own system it seems to occur but with the GPU in another system I do not get the issue
Right now I have 1 8gb RAM stick in, but I have tried another stick and also tried putting it in a different DIMM Slot but it hasn't made any difference
I will update the BIOS now and make sure all my drivers are up to date

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Problem is you've replaced a poorer PSU with possibly an even worse one, it could well still be the issue.

The GPU has a max temperature of 97°C so 70 wouldn't be reaching it. It could still potentially be the PSU faulting under the higher load being as both units are lesser quality.

Also try the BIOS and drivers and feedback.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS