Question Computer stopped supporting my display port cable?

Aug 12, 2020
I was playing osu! When my computer made a small pop noise and the is shut off and restarted by my computer booted up normally except my monitor said “Display port no signal” so I tried a few trouble shooting problems such as soft resetting my pc or turning the power supply off and on. So I unplugged my Display port cable and tried a HDMI and it worked like nothing happened. So I am worndering if it is the cable or my pc( I have not yet tried a different display port cable Yet. My graphic card is a 1660 ti g force gaming x

Hopefully others better than me will jump in but a 'pop' sound could be something serious either on the GPU or the PSU. Thankfully everything seems to be working via the HDMI port but if you get a chance definitely have a closer look at the GPU and the PSU...

Part of me says do not do anything else as your system is working right now and any more fiddling might make things worse....

Aug 12, 2020
Hopefully others better than me will jump in but a 'pop' sound could be something serious either on the GPU or the PSU. Thankfully everything seems to be working via the HDMI port but if you get a chance definitely have a closer look at the GPU and the PSU...

Part of me says do not do anything else as your system is working right now and any more fiddling might make things worse....
Also my computer is only a few months old