Question Computer stopped working after it suddenly turned off ?

Oct 30, 2021
PC was working just fine a day ago I was gaming and it just shut off tried to turn back on no luck, got new PSU put into it and it still doesnt want to turn on took everyting out and put it all back and still doesnt wanna boot up i know the psu works i just dont know any other fixes to have it working.

Specs:
MSI MPG Z390 gaming plus
i7-9700k
MSI Radeon RX 5500 XT 8gb
Corsair Vengence pro 2x16gb ddr4
Corsair 650w power supply

Hey there,

That's a tough one. Could be the mobo, I guess. Have you inspected mobo and checked it hasn't shorted or burnt out anywhere?

Did you use the cables that came with the new PSU or the old ones? Check the power sockets on mobo and see if they are loose.

Any debug lights showing on mobo when you try to start it up?

What exact model PSU is it. 650w doesn't mean much. Not all 650w are built the same.

Oct 30, 2021
Hey there,

That's a tough one. Could be the mobo, I guess. Have you inspected mobo and checked it hasn't shorted or burnt out anywhere?

Did you use the cables that came with the new PSU or the old ones? Check the power sockets on mobo and see if they are loose.

Any debug lights showing on mobo when you try to start it up?

What exact model PSU is it. 650w doesn't mean much. Not all 650w are built the same.
The power supply is a corsair CX 650M and the cpu and motherboard + ram are only 4-5 months old everything else is a year old they all worked fine his long and i just started having this problem.

Oct 30, 2021
Then how do you know the replacement PSU is working? It's possibly your motherboard. Did you do checks as I suggested?
Yes i did the checks you said the mobo looks fine to the eyes no burnt out spots i used the new cords for the psu and even tried the old one all the connections are secure and no lights show if i plug it in or even try to turn it on.

Oct 30, 2021
Remove the GPU, reset motherboard BIOS, connect the monitor to the motherboard and try again.
Tried didnt work dont know how my pc could have overheated it has never done this and it has worked for a long time i just upgraded to these new hardware and now im out of a pc cause i need to buy new components to have it working again