Question Computer stops entering in windows after working perfectly fine for some time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2021
Hello! This may seem weird or quite messy to explain but I have just built my first PC (tried to do it alone and followed instructions from manuals and yt). My build is: Gigabyte B560M DS3H socket 1200, Intel core i5-10600kf comet lake 4.1, asus Cerberus GeForce GTX 1050 ti 4gb, Ram Adata XPG Gammix D10 16gb ddr4 3200 mhz cl16 dual channel, ssd Kingston a2000 500gb pci express 3.0 x 4 M.2 and Hdd Seagate Barracuda 1tb 7200 rpm sata3 64 mb.
Now, my problem is that after I install a windows 10 on this new PC, the system boots normally everytime I open it, circa 5-6 times and then out of nowhere it just won’t enter windows anymore. I have booted windows following again the basic procedure and I was careful to arrange the boot options in bios as per procedure.
The system recognizes all of the components when in BIOS: the pcie x16 slot of the graphics card, the ram, the ssd, the hdd and of course the boot usb.
Can anybody help in this situation? I tried everything. The problem is that windows works for quite some time but it just decides to not work after. For diaclosure, I have a pretty old windows version and it also isn’t clean or legal. Is it because of that? Or am I missing something?
thank you!

Aug 29, 2021
Also, something that made me question that maybe the windows is at fault was the fact that it didn’t recognize or detect my graphics card in device manager even though if it didn’t work, then how does the monitor show anything? It also didn’t let me install the nvidia drivers, kept telling me it is not compatible.
I really don’t think it’s something going on with the components, but if anyone has an idea, anything (!!) please help me. Thank you!!

Aug 29, 2021
Can you be specific on this?
Sure! I don’t do anything new or any new setting. I just turn the computer off and on. So I don’t get why it would just not enter in windows anymore. I am not changing anything in terms of settings.

Sure! I don’t do anything new or any new setting. I just turn the computer off and on. So I don’t get why it would just not enter in windows anymore. I am not changing anything in terms of settings.
No, you don't understand. I'm not asking about you saying something like "don't work" (very non-informative) - but I want you to say: This particular screen is what I expect to see after that screen about this amount of time after booting. But now, instead I after that screen, up to that screen it appears normal, but then, --> and something like that.
Then it may be enough to get an idea what have gone wrong.

Aug 29, 2021
No, you don't understand. I'm not asking about you saying something like "don't work" (very non-informative) - but I want you to say: This particular screen is what I expect to see after that screen about this amount of time after booting. But now, instead I after that screen, up to that screen it appears normal, but then, --> and something like that.
Then it may be enough to get an idea what have gone wrong.
Ok, I’m sorry. English is not my first language. I get the Gigabyte logo on the screen when I turn it on and it stays like that. Is that what you mean? It used to enter in windows like a normal system but after just a couple of restarts or turning off and on it just gives me the gigabyte logo. That’s it.

Aug 29, 2021
Ok, I’m sorry. English is not my first language. I get the Gigabyte logo on the screen when I turn it on and it stays like that. Is that what you mean? It used to enter in windows like a normal system but after just a couple of restarts or turning off and on it just gives me the gigabyte logo. That’s it.
And I tried rebooting, reseating the ram. Happens the same.

Ok, I’m sorry. English is not my first language.
Same for me

I get the Gigabyte logo on the screen when I turn it on and it stays like that. Is that what you mean?
Ok. So then the problem seems to be it won't load the hdd/ssd at all? Probably not a windows related problem, I think we can start from here.

Assuming you installed Windows on the SSD, does it help if you unplug the HDD and then try to boot ?

When I think about it - I have seen similar issues where it turned out to be ram issues. Do the following: Go to the RAM sticks manufacturer site and check if the motherboard is listed in it's compatibility list. Do the same for your motherboard.

Also - I want you to check if the RAM is healthy. But you need to be able to boot in order to do anything, so I'll explain when and if you get the computer to boot properly.

Aug 29, 2021
Same for me

Ok. So then the problem seems to be it won't load the hdd at all? Probably not a windows related problem, I think we can start from here.

Assuming you installed Windows on the SSD, does it help if you unplug the HDD and then try to boot ?
Yes! I installed it on the ssd and unplugged the hdd but then it wouldn’t go into windows even if the windows was installed on the ssd rather than on hdd. So it won’t boot from either. I can only reinstall again and again. Works for a couple of times but then just freezes on the gigabyte logo and that’s it. I tried it first on the hdd only, then on the ssd only without the hdd plugged. It does the same thing…

Are your computer able to boot from a bootable USB stick ?

If yes - I'd like you to make a bootable usb stick from an ISO image that contains Memtest86+. This tool can be found in several "tool-boxes", among them is Ultimate Boot CD, and most modern Linux distros, eg. Linux Mint (there is a menu at boot where you can select memory check).

Aug 29, 2021
S
Are your computer able to boot from a bootable USB stick ?

If yes - I'd like you to make a bootable usb stick from an ISO image that contains Memtest86+. This tool can be found in several "tool-boxes", among them is Ultimate Boot CD, and most modern Linux distros, eg. Linux Mint (there is a menu at boot where you can select memory check).
Sorry for the late reply. Is that a different operating system?
and yes, I am able to boot from a usb. I am going to try with a recently made usb from their microsoft website.
What could be the problem?

Aug 29, 2021
Same for me

Ok. So then the problem seems to be it won't load the hdd/ssd at all? Probably not a windows related problem, I think we can start from here.

When I think about it - I have seen similar issues where it turned out to be ram issues. Do the following: Go to the RAM sticks manufacturer site and check if the motherboard is listed in it's compatibility list. Do the same for your motherboard.

Also - I want you to check if the RAM is healthy. But you need to be able to boot in order to do anything, so I'll explain when and if you get the computer to boot properly.
Didn’t see the last reply! I will check the Ram manufacturer compatibility and see. Come to think of it, it was the only piece that my sister changed last minute when I have made the system. Could that be the problem why it won’t let windows?

Aug 29, 2021
Same for me

So I have just checked, the RAM is compatible with the motherboard and vice versa.

Sorry for the late reply. Is that a different operating system?
Yes, but that is not relevant, you're only interesting in the Memtest tool that isn't a part of (so to speak) of that OS. You never need to load another OS, it just happens to be a tool on that same iso image.

So I have just checked, the RAM is compatible with the motherboard and vice versa.
Ok, good to have it checked out. Now I suggest you make a bootable iso image that contains the Memtest tool and start checking if your RAM function properly.

Aug 29, 2021
Yes, but that is not relevant, you're only interesting in the Memtest tool that isn't a part of (so to speak) of that OS. You never need to load another OS, it just happens to be a tool on that same iso image.

Ok, good to have it checked out. Now I suggest you make a bootable iso image that contains the Memtest tool and start checking if your RAM function properly.
Hello! I have installed an original windows 10, latest version with original license and that has solved the problem in everything! Apparently it was the windows and the windows that I particularly had in the usb. After booting the PC with this new legal original version, the pc immediately recognized everything that wasn’t there when I had the old one.
just to be sure, is there a way to see ram health from windows? Thank you so much for sticking throughout and thank you for trying to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.