[SOLVED] Computer straight up just being weird lately

HeroYT

Prominent
Apr 21, 2020
Ok, so recently I got a new PSU and Motherboard for my computer and got everything up and running a few weeks ago. Everything was fine until this week when I've noticed some things. First of all, I have a Logitech G703 mouse. When I plugged it in to charge, my computer got the blue screen of death and restarted. I didn't think much of it until it happened again when I unplugged the cable from my mouse. Another cause for concern for me is that I've recently started to stutter in games where I usually wouldn't. Examples being Fortnite at the highest settings, which used to run fine at a solid 80-90 FPS, now gets random dips into the 20's out of no where. A world of mine in Minecraft has recently begun to lag much more than it used to. I usually run the game at a locked 144FPS but now for some reason in this world I get in the 30's. If anyone can point me towards a fix to either of these problems that would be greatly appreciated as I do not have a clue as to what's going on.

Solution
you have the latest BIOS & all motherboard system drivers?
have you loaded the latest BIOS?
and have you downloaded and installed all of the latest motherboard system drivers from the motherboard manufacturer's product support page?

Another cause for concern for me is that I've recently started to stutter in games where I usually wouldn't. Examples being Fortnite at the highest settings, which used to run fine at a solid 80-90 FPS, now gets random dips into the 20's out of no where. A world of mine in Minecraft has recently begun to lag much more than it used to. I usually run the game at a locked 144FPS but now for some reason in this world I get in the 30's.
are you keeping up with the latest drivers from Nvidia?
you have the latest BIOS & all motherboard system drivers?
have you loaded the latest BIOS?
and have you downloaded and installed all of the latest motherboard system drivers from the motherboard manufacturer's product support page?

Another cause for concern for me is that I've recently started to stutter in games where I usually wouldn't. Examples being Fortnite at the highest settings, which used to run fine at a solid 80-90 FPS, now gets random dips into the 20's out of no where. A world of mine in Minecraft has recently begun to lag much more than it used to. I usually run the game at a locked 144FPS but now for some reason in this world I get in the 30's.
are you keeping up with the latest drivers from Nvidia?

Solution