Computer stuck at Asus load screen (OpticalDrive)

Salvate

Honorable
Nov 7, 2013
I've tried to reinstall Win10 because I keep getting a recurring "Automatic repair" on startup and i've found nothing to fix the problem. So upon trying to reinstall I restarted my pc and it gets stuck at the Asus screen upon inserting the OS disc. Also my pc is about 2-3 months old and was built by a friend. Would appreciate if someone could help me out.

Solution
what motherboard do you have?

Is this an internal or external Optical drive?

If its a SATA Optical drive (its inside PC, then you just need to set Optical drive as 1st in boot and it should offer to start from it just before win 10 boots.

If it is external, follow this: if its a Z170, make sure USB is top of list in boot priority and go into the advanced view and on the boot tab, check under fast boot and set USB Support to full initial (its default is partial which only turns on the KB/Mouse at start up). Once win installed, you may want to come back here and set it to defaults as it will speed up boot times.

Colif

Win 11 Master
what motherboard do you have?

Is this an internal or external Optical drive?

If its a SATA Optical drive (its inside PC, then you just need to set Optical drive as 1st in boot and it should offer to start from it just before win 10 boots.

If it is external, follow this: if its a Z170, make sure USB is top of list in boot priority and go into the advanced view and on the boot tab, check under fast boot and set USB Support to full initial (its default is partial which only turns on the KB/Mouse at start up). Once win installed, you may want to come back here and set it to defaults as it will speed up boot times.

Solution