Computer stuck in half sleep mode

Lugie2000

Prominent
May 23, 2017
Hello!

I have a HP tm2t computer with Win7 64bit Home Premium, Intel i5, 8gb of ram and the Intel intergraded video card.

My problem happened recently without me doing any changes to my computer during the same day it happened. The problem is that when I put down my lid on my laptop it wont go to sleep as it used to. It used to have the power button blinking and the fan going off, but now it doesn´t. And when I take up the lid again the screen is just black and I can´t do anything. Same thing happens when I hit sleep or hibernation from the start menu.

I have tried the following solutions after spending hours on google for a solution.
- Scan for virus and malware/spyware (AVG, Malwarebytes and Spybot S&D).
- Looked in BIOS.
- Closed as many running processes as possible before sleep mode.
- Checked hard drive for errors.
- Defragmented my hard drive.
- Checked my power plan settings.
- Done windows update.
- Checked for a faulty driver in device manager.

It have happened before but not reoccurring as it does now. After holding the power button down for a hard reset it used to be back to normal and work the next time.

Let me know I you have anything more for me to try cause now it feels like I´ve doen everything I can think of.

Lugie2000

Prominent
May 23, 2017
Thanks for your reply. I went thru the different solutions in your link, I have also now re-installed all my drivers from HP website and updated bios. But my problem wont go away. I can´t understand how such thing can happen without some changes to the system? The only thing I can think of is that there is any hardware that starts to fail in someway, but I don´t know if this could be caused by a hardware failure?