Computer stuck in reboot loop

SimplyCurious

Reputable
Jun 16, 2014
Went to play games this morning only to be greeted by my computer turning off and on and off and on. I couldn't get into bios, and even if I did there was a chance it would freeze and crash and restart. But most of the time it's just restarting and holding a rave party with the lights. I am running a i5 4690k with a 970. Gskill 8gb 1.5v ram, a Kingston ssdnow ssd, a western digital blue 1tb harddrive, and a seasonic bronze m12 ii evo power supply, one I just rmaed. Please tell me I can fix this

Solution
Have you moved around the PC lately, or done any cleaning to it or moving cables around? Sounds like it could be PSU related even though your just RMA'd or possibly a short somewhere such a cable not plugged in good. I'd double check your PSU connections since you just got it back to make sure everything is connected correctly. Also, check to see if any of your motherboard screws unthreaded a bit, possibly causing a grounding issue there.
Have you moved around the PC lately, or done any cleaning to it or moving cables around? Sounds like it could be PSU related even though your just RMA'd or possibly a short somewhere such a cable not plugged in good. I'd double check your PSU connections since you just got it back to make sure everything is connected correctly. Also, check to see if any of your motherboard screws unthreaded a bit, possibly causing a grounding issue there.

Solution

SimplyCurious

Reputable
Jun 16, 2014

It seems to be running ok, I had a cpu psu cable extension and I took it out and plugged it directly. It was probably that but thanks :D