[SOLVED] computer stuck on motherboard logo

Jan 29, 2022
i just got a new motherboard (rog b550f) and cpu (ryzen 7 5800x) and after installing them and turning my system on, i was met with the logo of rog and it did not go away. my keyboard also didn’t seem to work so i couldn’t open the bios. the dram light was also lit up orange on my motherboard(idk what that means). i tried taking my ram out and putting them in diferent spots, taking out my gpu, taking out the motherboard battery but nothing has worked. i have checked multiple times that all the cables are in properly. what do i do

Solution
It appears that the motherboard comes shipped with BIOS version 0315 out of the box and needs to be updated to 1004 to support the 5800X.

Take a look at page 3-1 to 3-4 in your manual. It seems to insinuate you can update the BIOS without being in OS.
Otherwise, it appears you may need a 3xxx CPU to load in with stock BIOS.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
It appears that the motherboard comes shipped with BIOS version 0315 out of the box and needs to be updated to 1004 to support the 5800X.

Take a look at page 3-1 to 3-4 in your manual. It seems to insinuate you can update the BIOS without being in OS.
Otherwise, it appears you may need a 3xxx CPU to load in with stock BIOS.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS