Computer Stuttering when having Monitor turned off

Flam1ng Dem0n

Honorable
Apr 3, 2012
So I have not been able to find anything about this when searching online, so here's to hoping someone here will know what is causing this.

I have a AMD Radeon RX 580 by MSI and since I got it (and figured out the problem) there's been this weird issue were when I turn off the primary Monitor (running Duel Screen Setup with one being HDMI and the other DVI), then anything that is being done on my secondary Monitor has a very noticeable stutter/lag to it.

This also permeates to if I connect my nearby TV to another HDMI output on the card. This stutter also happens there. On top of that it also affects when I am playing games on my Steam Link, which I bought thinking it might be a work around to this issue. However low and behold the issue still persists when playing games on my Steam Link.

So unless I have my primary Monitor powered on, then there is significant stuttering on any other display or output from my computer.

If anyone knows the answer to this then I'd be incredibly grateful. I'd like to resolve this so I don't have to be wasting electricity on a powered monitor I am not even using (in the case of my Steam Link), just so I can play a game at a stable frame rate.