Computer stuttering when I play video and games.

AcemanE3

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
Whenever I go into a game/video my computer starts to stutter every few seconds. From what I have seen it may be a driver issue but I can't tell.
(Built it myself)

EDIT: Ok so, after a few things it appears to be the graphics card after a few tests and I am going to try to use an old driver from Catalyst so hope that will work
Specs:

CPU_ Intel i5 3570k stock clock at 3.4 GHZ
GPU- Gigabyte radeon HD 7970 GHZ edition at 1100 MHz.
MOBO- ASUS Z77
PSU- Thermaltake 850W BRONZE certified
2TB hard drive
16GB of G. Skill Ripjaws Ram
Enermax CPU cooler

AcemanE3

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013

I notice this in all my games even Minecraft in few cases. Even when playing videos. I get an average of 60 FPS in most games and I do use V-sync through CCC no FPS limiters

These stutters, that happen every few seconds has been a topic that has been reviewed a lot lately. AMD had issues in their single and crossfire setups. They've already done a lot of fixes for their single GPU problems, though it is not completely fixed. It has also been revealed that some stuttering will always exist due to the nature of Windows and its time schedule methods. Windows is not a real time OS, so things won't always be perfect.

V-sync, when you fail to maintain your refresh rate in FPS, will get some stuttering as well, as anytime a frame has to wait for the next refresh, it causes a slight delay in the action. You could try playing without v-sync on and tell us if that helps at all.

AcemanE3

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013

Hm, I turned off Vsync in CCC and in games and it still seems to stutter with audio lag in as well. Any other ideas?

AcemanE3

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013

yeah I tried both sticks and it did not work...

AcemanE3

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013

So I tried it with "Furmark" and it appears to be the graphics card... Not the Ram or anything else

How did Furmark show you that?

AcemanE3

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013

Because it stuttered more when I used Furmark and nothing else on my computer stutters BUT when I use graphics processing. If it showed less/same stuttering it wouldn't have shown anything but it stuttered almost 3 times as much when I used furmark.

If you have an old graphics card you could try installing it and see if the stuttering is still there. At the same time send your 7970 to a friend to test on his rig and look for stuttering. If it is the 7970's fault you could try send it for replacement with warranty.

AcemanE3

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013

None of my friends have their own rig and I have no older graphics card :/