Computer Stuttering While Connected to the Internet

Aug 20, 2018
Hi folks, first time poster here. I've have my computer for about 5 years, and while it has a whole host of problems, the most recent is that, only while connected to the internet, it stutters every second or so. This is most noticeable in the audio, which distorts when it happens, but is completely fine when the wifi is off. The problem started occurring after I updated a bunch of other drivers, but unfortunately I can't easily roll back those updates.

I actually fixed this problem a couple of days ago by reinstalling my wireless network adapter's driver via the manufacturer's website, however the next day the problem was back and that fix didn't work any more. I've tried a bunch of other things to no avail, and am at my wit's end as I've been trying to fix it for about a week at this point. Does anyone have any advice or ideas? Thanks.

system specs (please tell me if I'm missing any important ones):
windows 7 64 bit
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3240 @ 3.10GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 video card
8GB RAM
Realtek High Definition Audio driver
ASUS PCE-N15 11n Wireless LAN PCI-E Card

shmoochie

Commendable
May 10, 2018
Does the problem persist when you are hard wired in? If you think that audio drivers is corrupted or causing issues, you can always just delete it from the device manager and then restart the computer. It will look for the most up-to-date replacement.

Aug 20, 2018

I don't have an ethernet cable. I'm willing to buy one but only when I'm fairly certain it would fix the problem, I've seen threads with similar problems to mine where even hard-wiring hasn't solved the issue.

As for the audio driver, initially I thought the problem was related to the audio software and messed around with them for a long time, including reinstalling the audio driver. Nothing worked, however, and I only started making progress when I started looking at the network as the cause of the issue.