[SOLVED] Computer Stutters every second

bonekeeper

Honorable
Aug 13, 2014
I have done the typical research when a problem arises with my computer to no avail this time. As the title says every second a noticeable stutter occurs for example: dragging a window across my screen, every second it looks like it lags behind then snaps back to where it should be, this action is very quick. I have checked into DPC Latency, CPU and RAM errors, Drivers, temps and usage are all normal, there are no audio or visual ques (like watching a video the video is fine and no audio dips), I have done a full system reset, changed power settings to performance instead of power saving, and some other things that i probably cant remember. This stutter also translates into games, I have only been playing WoW recently. Also, a restart usually fixes it long enough for me to finish raiding. I have used the program LatencyMon and it reports high latency with dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel and and after disabling my graphics card it changes to Wdf01000.sys - Kernel Mode Driver Framework Runtime. With the help of google i usually can fix problems but this one has been testing my patience.

Computer Specs:
CPU - Intel core i7 - 4790k
GPU - EVGA Ge Force GTX 1080
RAM - G.Skill - Ripjaws X Series 16 GB DDR3
MB - Asus - Z97-WS ATX LGA1150
Windows Drive - Samsung SSD 840 EVO

LMK if you need any more information.

Solution
So for my solution, apparently I cant have Netflix open on chrome unless ofc I am watching it because that seemed to be my issue so far =\. Hope this might help somebody else.

racsosenuf

Reputable
Sep 11, 2015
So for my solution, apparently I cant have Netflix open on chrome unless ofc I am watching it because that seemed to be my issue so far =\. Hope this might help somebody else.

I just logged in to tell you you're a lifesaver. I have very good specs as well (i7-7700K, 1070 Ti, 16GB RAM, etc), and the stuttering was driving me crazy, I was about to wipe clean my PC and reinstall Windows, and after reading your comment I remembered I have a pinned tabbed with HBO in Google Chrome and it was trying to play a GoT episode all the time. That was it! Thanks!