Question Computer suddenly got slower

Sep 16, 2021
So I left my pc on at night for no reason, woke up and opened chrome then pc just crashed for some reason, thought it was a ram problem. The screen went black and it restarted itself automatically and i noticed it was back to like 800x600. I right clicked on the desktop and saw that there was no "nvidia control panel" i thought the graphics driver got removed for some reason so i installed it again and pc crashed again. Tried to connect the hdmi cable to my motherboard but then it didn't show the display for some reason and then when i plugged it back to my gpu it displayed. The weird thing is i can't install drivers and i can only use my gpu to show what's on my screen? I'm so confused. That's not all, my pc is SUPER slow now, for some reason gpu usage is at 30% constantly due to "desktop window manager" and my cpu usage is just way too much. Used to be able to use zoom and record with obs at like 10-30% cpu usage at best, now it maxes the whole cpu out, like 100%. So my GPU isn't working but it's the only way i can show my display and my whole pc magically got super slow, any tips as to what i can do?

Giant Hunger

Respectable
Jun 23, 2021
So I left my pc on at night for no reason, woke up and opened chrome then pc just crashed for some reason, thought it was a ram problem. The screen went black and it restarted itself automatically and i noticed it was back to like 800x600. I right clicked on the desktop and saw that there was no "nvidia control panel" i thought the graphics driver got removed for some reason so i installed it again and pc crashed again. Tried to connect the hdmi cable to my motherboard but then it didn't show the display for some reason and then when i plugged it back to my gpu it displayed. The weird thing is i can't install drivers and i can only use my gpu to show what's on my screen? I'm so confused. That's not all, my pc is SUPER slow now, for some reason gpu usage is at 30% constantly due to "desktop window manager" and my cpu usage is just way too much. Used to be able to use zoom and record with obs at like 10-30% cpu usage at best, now it maxes the whole cpu out, like 100%. So my GPU isn't working but it's the only way i can show my display and my whole pc magically got super slow, any tips as to what i can do?
How many ram sticks do you have? if you have 2, are both ram sticks recongnize?
You should try and uninstall the gpu drivers through DDU and install the drivers again. Hopefully that will fix your gpu issue.
Heres DDU:https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Sep 16, 2021
You should try and uninstall the gpu drivers through DDU and install the drivers again. Hopefully that will fix your gpu issue.
Heres DDU:https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
i had 2 sticks before, one died/one slot died so i have one now only, it's been liek this for like 3 months now. I'll try to uninstlal my drivers and see if that helps, for some reason computer is glitching out, it's displaying blue lines all over, <Mod Edit>. It's only happening on my monitor, if i take an ss it doesn't come to is it a monitor issue or gpu? I'll reinstall the drivers and tell you if something happens

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 16, 2021
okay i did it and nothing changed, everything's the same as before, i checked device manager and it showed a warning sign on my gpu and when i opened it and saw the details it said
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Giant Hunger

Respectable
Jun 23, 2021