Computer suddenly running very slow

CARpanthers95

Commendable
Nov 5, 2016
So its only been an hour so time will tell but I swapped the sata ports on the motherboard and everything is running silky smooth like the day I built it.... so maybe time to get a new motherboard lol.

I have a custom build computer that one day last week just started running processes and commands very slowly. Imagine a constant state of not responding, even while just typing this message. I have tried a rebuild of windows under safe mood, and defender shows no malware on my system. I am not sure what it could be.

Solution
Check the Windows Control Panel > Power Options > Used Power Plan = Default is "Balanced (Recommended)" > Change Plan Settings > Change Advanced Power Settings > Processor Power Management > Minimum Processor State = Default is 5%... but that makes the CPU throttle down CPU clock speed when it's idle... and it should come back up when you demmand more processing power... but it doesn't always respond and the CPU stays locked at the Processor Minimum State.. infact this is very common, I have answered and solved quite a few cases and I have also experienced it. So, change that 5% setting to at least 50%, if you want to save power, or to 100% if you want the processor to always run at it's maximum clock speed... it will also disable...
Check the Windows Control Panel > Power Options > Used Power Plan = Default is "Balanced (Recommended)" > Change Plan Settings > Change Advanced Power Settings > Processor Power Management > Minimum Processor State = Default is 5%... but that makes the CPU throttle down CPU clock speed when it's idle... and it should come back up when you demmand more processing power... but it doesn't always respond and the CPU stays locked at the Processor Minimum State.. infact this is very common, I have answered and solved quite a few cases and I have also experienced it. So, change that 5% setting to at least 50%, if you want to save power, or to 100% if you want the processor to always run at it's maximum clock speed... it will also disable processor power saving. You can also change the Power Plan to the High Performance Plan but that will also disable other Power Saving Options.

Solution