Computer suddenly slow

Ben128383

Commendable
Jun 2, 2016
My computer is being extremely slow all of a sudden. When i put my old hardrive in it is fast again so could I have a virus? Also now suddenly only one ram slot works. (All ram is fully working) If i put ram in other slots it tries to do a disk check and when i attempt to load into windows it does a crash dump?

Solution
Hi Ben.

Backup your data, just to be on the safe side. Try different SATA ports and different cables (make sure that they are all properly connected). Run a memory test as well to see what happens. Download the HDD manufacturer's diagnostic tool and test the drive for errors and bad sectors, to see what's the situation with it.
If nothing out of the ordinary pops-up, update your antivirus program's database and make a full scan for threats.

Hope that helps. Please let me know how everything goes.
Boogieman_WD
Hi Ben.

Backup your data, just to be on the safe side. Try different SATA ports and different cables (make sure that they are all properly connected). Run a memory test as well to see what happens. Download the HDD manufacturer's diagnostic tool and test the drive for errors and bad sectors, to see what's the situation with it.
If nothing out of the ordinary pops-up, update your antivirus program's database and make a full scan for threats.

Hope that helps. Please let me know how everything goes.
Boogieman_WD

Solution