Computer suddenly stopped booting (No post, display, beeps)

Jul 22, 2018
Hi everyone!

I built a computer last December 2016 with the following specs

CPU: Intel i3-6100
Mobo: Asrock H110M-HDV
RAM: Geil Evo X 2x4GB
PSU: Seasonic S12II 620W
GPU: Zotac GTX1060 3GB Amp! Edition
SSD: Geil Zenith R3 120GB
HDD: WD Blue 1TB

I wasn't using it for anything hardcore, tbh, i was only watching films and some league of legends. i turned it off and it was just fine. But when I woke up and tried to boot it up, it just won't. It's just the fans (including the cpu fan) that are spinning and won't turn off until i long-press the power button or the switch itself from the psu.

I have tried following the checklist here in this site.
e.g
trying each ram in each slots
booting with no ram installed
booting with no gpu installed

Some earlier anomalies that might help:
one time it just won't boot. then after a few minutes it booted up like nothing happened.
Monitor flickers when i turn it on.
Some electric popping sound coming from the switch itself in the PSU when i turn it on/off. Though it does not always happen.

I would check the PSU voltages with a volt meter and make sure they are in spec. Especially since you hear noises coming from the PSU.

The positive voltages should be within +/- 5%.
The negative voltages should be within +/- 10%.

There are lots of sites on the net that explain how to measure these voltages.

Jul 22, 2018
I brought it to a shop and it's the motherboard at fault.
I changed it to MSI H110m pro-vh plus.
and now i have a new problem. Gpu is crashing after windows boot, it loses signal. Or if it gets past that artifacts will show moments later after the login screen.

i tried removing the old drivers and installed new drivers 398.36 from 391. Still the same. It happened after like 3 hours of running the PC. I'll try a wipe and reinstall of windows.