[SOLVED] Computer Suddenly turn off when playing games

Dec 15, 2020
Hi everyone, i am desperate to know the reason that every time i play games , my monitor will suddenly disconnected and other hardware such as keyboard, mouse and speaker also disconnected... but my CPU is still on. I can see it from the RGB lights... the lights on keyboard and mouse are off, but my CPU is still on.

the monitor also still on but disconnected from PC like it is just black. i try to turn off my CPU then turn it on back, but it still the same, only CPU is on the others are still off.

Usually i have to turn it off again then wait for few hours before it back to normal.

How?

Solution
Zalman ZM600-GV

This wasn't a bad power supply at the time, but it's really old at this point, I think they stopped making this model like a decade ago. It's also a very old group-regulated design. I'd probably be inclined to replace this power supply if I was using this GPU under any circumstances, so it's probably the first thing to swap out if there's nothing odd with the temperatures.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
The CPU is just the actual chip itself, not an abbreviation for computer or an alternate term for PC. It's a small quibble, but this is a hobby that requires precision, so it's always good to make sure you're using the same terminology as the people assisting you.

Generally, with symptoms like this, the issue is either temperatures or power supply. The next thing to do would be to provide your complete specs and any information as to your temperatures when you're crashing.

Dec 15, 2020
The CPU is just the actual chip itself, not an abbreviation for computer or an alternate term for PC. It's a small quibble, but this is a hobby that requires precision, so it's always good to make sure you're using the same terminology as the people assisting you.

Generally, with symptoms like this, the issue is either temperatures or power supply. The next thing to do would be to provide your complete specs and any information as to your temperatures when you're crashing.
i see.. i usually called it CPU since my computer teacher in primary school would say 'turn on your CPU' to stated that we students had to turn on our computer. but yeah, i get it

my specs are:

fatherboard: assrock fatality killers
processor: amd a-10 7860
Ram: 16gb
Gpu: amd radeon rx 580 sapphire nitro 4gb
power supply: zalman 600w
HDD: 500gb
SSD: 128gb

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
i see.. i usually called it CPU since my computer teacher in primary school would say 'turn on your CPU' to stated that we students had to turn on our computer. but yeah, i get it

my specs are:

fatherboard: assrock fatality killers
processor: amd a-10 7860
Ram: 16gb
Gpu: amd radeon rx 580 sapphire nitro 4gb
power supply: zalman 600w
HDD: 500gb
SSD: 128gb

Do you know which Zalman model? They have some really low-end models that would be rather poor options to pair with an RX 580.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Zalman ZM600-GV

This wasn't a bad power supply at the time, but it's really old at this point, I think they stopped making this model like a decade ago. It's also a very old group-regulated design. I'd probably be inclined to replace this power supply if I was using this GPU under any circumstances, so it's probably the first thing to swap out if there's nothing odd with the temperatures.

Solution
Dec 15, 2020
i see... thanks for your insight! It is very helpful.
I also just checked from speccy that my processor temperature after few hours of streaming video/film will reach 85-89 degree celcius. It is definitely also the cause of my problem right?