Computer suddenly wont register Monitor (motherboard?)

_dawn_chorus_

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017
Ive been putting together a computer and finally got it up and running, I saw I wasn't getting a good wireless signal, so I powered down, turned off the PSU switch and the power bar, then moved the wireless antenna at the front of the case, put the panels on, booted up and nothing... No Signal..

Tried 2 different monitors with three different cables. The board is getting power as all the fans are spinning. Its a stock dell motherboard though so it doesn't have any lights or make any beeps.

What could I possibly have done for it to work one minute and then suddenly not? What could cause this?? How can I fix it?

_dawn_chorus_

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017

That would be very helpful but a big part of the problem is I cannot see anything to start a diagnosis. Everything I have found about this issue is usually pointing to the gpu but right now its just the intel integrated graphics.
Can the integrated graphics be fried but the computer still turn on? Everything is working it seems but the monitor signal.

Also as I tried removing the cmos battery, would putting a new one in possibly help? You and all the other posts I have found, that seems to be the first recommendation, the cmos battery.

_dawn_chorus_

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017
There is also a weird foam cube directly underneath the hdmi port on the backside of the motherboard making contact with the case. But it looks like that is intentional since the risers in this case are the same height as the original cases.

_dawn_chorus_

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017

Well it boots up, CPU fans going power lights on. Just no monitor signal. :/

Is the wireless antenna you mentioned in your original post plugged in by USB? Do you have any add-on cards plugged in to the expansion slots?

_dawn_chorus_

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017
The solution was plugging the old power button back into the motherboard. There is a 7th wire that the cases female plugs cannot compensate for, allowing the computer to boot, but not to show video. Unfortunately I had to ghetto rig a way to turn it on as the original power button cable is only about 6 inch long.