[SOLVED] [SOLVED] Computer sutters regularly when playing BF1, graph shows less usage!!?

Solution
My guess would be the VRMs. That motherboard has a 4+1 power phase delivery and combined with a 125W CPU, I wouldn't be the least bit shocked to see some throttling on a game that's really taxing to a CPU like an FX-8350.

I'd also be curious how stable your wifi connection is.

DSzymborski

Titan
My guess would be the VRMs. That motherboard has a 4+1 power phase delivery and combined with a 125W CPU, I wouldn't be the least bit shocked to see some throttling on a game that's really taxing to a CPU like an FX-8350.

I'd also be curious how stable your wifi connection is.

Solution
As Dszymborski has indicated, the power delivery design is usually somewhat marginal for that CPU. Dedicated fan airflow at the VRMs may reduce throttling. Make sure the case itself has good airflow as well, with adequate fans, cables bundled and tucked out of the way, etc.

argitoth

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
well what the actual f*** how do I avoid building a computer where the motherboard and CPU don't agree with each other? Seems like every time I build a computer there's one spec I missed that causes an annoying but not deal-breaking incompatibility issue.

I guess I need to post my build on PcPartPicker or TomsHardware before building and get opinions.

I've tried all the common software-based suggestions. I believe now it is a hardware issue.

argitoth

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
Ok I solved my issue. CPU fan is working, but it is wobbly and needs replacing. However, I went into BIOS and disabled smart fan control so I'm running the fan at max speed which brought it up +100 RPM, and now my CPU temps stay under 49 C and Battlefield 1 stopped stuttering.