Computer Temperatures

OneCookie

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
Hello,
I just build a computer its working fine accept when i logon and bring up speccy immediately after boot it tells me that my hard drive is 50 degrees Celsius and my CPU graphics card and mother board are all near or above forty degrees, when i was transferring a gig worth of data speccy continued to tell me that my CPU was 60 degrees my hard drive was 70 degrees and graphics card was 50 degrees i don't understand what is happening a friend of mine who built a computer with the same CPU and mother board reads his CPU temp after boot and while doing other things as no more than 30 degrees through speccy i have three fans in my case and i even tried running the computer with the case open with no change in temperature according to speccy i just don't know what is happening can anyone help me
Im just worried that i might damage something running it at these temperatures

Plus the air coming out of the exhaust fans isn't even warm let alone that hot any help would be appreciated

OneCookie

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
no but while speccy reads my cpu as 40 degrees the bios reads it at 75 degrees i was thinking that maybe if the bios is reading in Fahrenheit than maybe speccy cant read the temperature properly at all and is getting some warped readings