Computer that I built won't boot BIOS

maherhasan20

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016
I just bought a bunch of pc parts this black Friday and received themy earlier yesterday and started building my pc. I watched the newegg diy garage video explaining a step by step method of building a computer. I myself have never built a computer and this was my first attempt. These are the parts I used:
i5 6600k 3.5Ghz
Asus Z170 - A LGA 1151 Intwl Z170 HDMI 6 GB/s ATX motherboard
Rosewill Quark 750 W full modular PSU
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming
G. Skill Rip jaws V series 16 GB ( 2 x 8 GB)
Hitachi 1TB 7200 rpm 16MB cache SATA 3.0 GB/s
Cooler Master evo 212 cpu cooler
Deepcool Tesseract SW Midtower Computer Case

I hooked everything up except for the graphics card, as the guide in the video checks to see if the BIOS loads up on the monitor or not. I followed the video completely and he stated that if the BIOS doesn't boot we did something wrong. I can't figure out what I might have done wrong.
When I hit the power on button, the internal fans that came with the case do not start, but the cpu cooler starts and functions properly.
A few seconds after turning the pc on, I hear a faint beep from the motherboard region. I connected the motherboard to a monitor via a functional hdmi and wacted about 5 to 10 minutes for the BIOS screen to load. Unfortunately it never loaded and I'm very worried.
I am a first time builder and I am very worried that the motherboard may be damaged and that I will have lost all the money spent on this pc. The experience so far hadn't been great

Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance and I'm extremely hopeful that my motherboard isn't dead.

ikaz

Distinguished
Also remove/disconnect the hard drive, and remove one of the memory sticks (since you have not installed the the video card yet) and try again. Now if you still get the beep listen to the pattern download the manual and there should be a information on what those codes means which will point you in the right direction of what is wrong.

TRENDING THREADS