Computer to Modem Issues

raydmz

Commendable
Jan 10, 2017
Hello

I just built my first PC for gaming, all components brand new.

The problem is that when I connect it to my home modem either by wi-fi or with a cable, the internet average is about 0.05 Mbps (my home-internet is about 5Mbps), but not only that, it slows the internet speed on all other devices connected to my home network. and when I disconnect the computer from the network everything goes to normal.

I've tried to connect my new computer to my phone as if it were a router and it works wondeful (up to 10 Mbps) so I figured the computer is fine.

Also, when my computer is not connected all my other devices also work fine (~3 to 4 Mbps using only wi-fi)

So as a summary, The PC works fine as well as the modem, but when they interact is when the issues start to happen.

I've tried to change de DNS, use static IP, reset the modem, re-install the TP-Link nano drivers on my computer and even restore to factory settings my modem but still nothing.

I'm almost certain that I dont have any malware or virus because technically my computer has never had real access to internet, and the only page that I've visited is speedtest.net

Any help is welcomed.

raydmz

Commendable
Jan 10, 2017
Thanks 011111111, indeed part of the problem is the constant windows updates, and for some reason the update from AUGUST 2016 was stuck on the 45%, eventually leading to a blue screen, this is probably because my Nvidia drivers having issues with the update.

To avoid this I had to download the update on another computer and then install it manually.

Also, to avoid the computer to drain everyother computer connected to the network I had to Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Advanced Options and then change the "Choose how updates are delivered" setting to one of the following:
•Turn off the p2p file transfer completely
•Limit the p2p transfer to PCs on your local network

So this fixes the whole network slow down issue. but unfortunately I still have super slow internet on my PC, even when there is no runnin programs. What I have seen in the task manager is that the "system local host" is constantly using 1 to 1.4 Mbps of my internet, taking into account that my ISP is about 5 MBPS it is alot,

Any Idea on what else could be slowing my PC down?