Computer trouble message guide

acres

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
Screen says No "VGA available or something like that in a small colored box then goes to a black screen that asks if s start in 3 different modes or last known working configuration is desired - tried all four and then we start all over again

acres

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010

Got ahold of a computer guru - ck'd it out - Mother board not longer wanted to mother. He is suppose to be retrieving some items I wished to move over to a new computer which I have since obtained.
It is a windows seven - even though I have set the monitor to never sleep I still find the screen completely blank of all icons & etc on occasion -
have to shut down and bring back up - ctl alt delete just gives a blank screen - sounds abnormal to me. Thank you for your reply to my original problem.

acres

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
Thought I had responded to close the issue. Turns out motherboard went south on old computer so simple solution was to replace since unit was 6 years old. Issue w/new unit going to sleep was resolved when I realized in my zeal to hook up the new monitor i attached Two cables to monitor from tower. Thanks all.