Cryptixg

Prominent
Jan 19, 2020
Im not a computer genius at all but i cant seem to get my new equipment to work i recently got a new motherboard the asus z390-h and a new processor the intel i9 9900kf but i cant seem to get it all to work the problems are when i have all the parts in my boot drive is completely different and my original is not found it boots to my old windows 8 drive i have 2 hard drives and 1 ssd also my ethernet cable doesnt get recognized at all, also i got the asus rog strix version of the 2060 super that has 3 fans but none of them spin sometimes they start to but end up stopping my other parts in the system are 2 8gb ddr4 and my 500w power supply could it be my power supply thats making everything not work properly?

Solution
And i completely forgot the 1 tb drive is a wb blue and the 500 drive is seagate the ssd os 250gb and also a wd blue

You have 3 drives. You want to install Windows 10 on your SSD right? The other two have a windows OS on them.

Yeah use Windows Media Creation tool to make a Windows 10 usb flash drive and use that to install Windows 10 on your SSD while your other drives are unplugged. When you replug them after the windows 10 SSD install just do what you want with them.
- That 2060 super fans won't spin unless the temperature is like 60C. So don't worry about the fans not spinning. You can install afterburner later and do a custom fan curve if you want but the fans not spinning is totally normal.

- What you have to do is create a windows 10 usb flash drive using Windows Media Creation Tools and unplug all your other drives. Leave your SSD plugged. Plug that usb flash drive and install windows 10 on your SSD. When this is over you plug your HDD.

If you're using a new Windows installation your Ethernet device should be using the default Windows drivers. It should work.

What we need is more information.

What drives do you have? brand and model.

What OS are you using and is it a new OS install?

Cryptixg

Prominent
Jan 19, 2020
If you're using a new Windows installation your Ethernet device should be using the default Windows drivers. It should work.

What we need is more information.

What drives do you have? brand and model.

What OS are you using and is it a new OS install?
Its a brand new motherboad and a brand new processor im not sure what drivers are installed for it but i popped in the disc the motherboard came with and went through that and i have 2 hard drives 1 is 500gb with a windows 8.1 copy and my second is a 1tb with windows 10 on it im currently trying to get the windows creation tool on a usb :)

Cryptixg

Prominent
Jan 19, 2020
Its a brand new motherboad and a brand new processor im not sure what drivers are installed for it but i popped in the disc the motherboard came with and went through that and i have 2 hard drives 1 is 500gb with a windows 8.1 copy and my second is a 1tb with windows 10 on it im currently trying to get the windows creation tool on a usb :)
And i completely forgot the 1 tb drive is a wb blue and the 500 drive is seagate the ssd os 250gb and also a wd blue

You have 3 drives. You want to install Windows 10 on your SSD right? The other two have a windows OS on them.

Yeah use Windows Media Creation tool to make a Windows 10 usb flash drive and use that to install Windows 10 on your SSD while your other drives are unplugged. When you replug them after the windows 10 SSD install just do what you want with them.

Solution

Cryptixg

Prominent
Jan 19, 2020

Im not trying to install windows 10 im pretty sure i should already have it on my 1tb drive on my old motherboard i was using before i could use my windows 10 on there

Cryptixg

Prominent
Jan 19, 2020
You cannot use an old OS installation on new hardware and if you do you will be chasing problems for weeks until you decide to do a clean install. When you install new hardware you install a clean OS.
Alright i think im catching on and can i use my phone as a usb? My flashdrive seems to only be 7.50 gb (even though it said 8gb when i got it)