[SOLVED] Computer turn on for split second then turn off repeatedly

Mar 29, 2019
My computer was working fine, but I needed to look at my ram so I opened the box and pluged out 1 memory stick (I have 2 memory stick, each 4 gb) and then I pluged it back in. Turned on the computer and it worked but it showed that I had only 4 gb ram, so I guessed I didnt pluged it well, so I played with it a little (while my computer was on) and nothing changed so I restarted the computer and then it started to happen - it turned on for a split second and then turned off repeatedly until I switched off the PSU. So I took both ram sticks out so I had no ram and started the computer again and now its turning for like 10 seconds and making rapid beep sounds and then turn off - repeatedly.
Please help.

Specs:
I7-2800k 3.8 GHz
500w PSU
ddr3 ram 8GB
Nvidia geforce 780 gtx

Solution
With no RAM inserted, no PC will boot up, so you will need to place at least one RAM to boot up.
If that works without problem, insert the second RAM. Be sure to put it in the correct slot (probably the one it was in before you removed it), otherwise they might not work together.
Do NOT change or reseat RAM while your PC is turned on! Turn it off, unplug the power chord, place the RAM, then turn it on again.

If it doesn't turn on with one RAM in it, listen to the beeping and tell us what exact beeping it was (how many and short or long).

McKeu

Proper
Mar 27, 2019
With no RAM inserted, no PC will boot up, so you will need to place at least one RAM to boot up.
If that works without problem, insert the second RAM. Be sure to put it in the correct slot (probably the one it was in before you removed it), otherwise they might not work together.
Do NOT change or reseat RAM while your PC is turned on! Turn it off, unplug the power chord, place the RAM, then turn it on again.

If it doesn't turn on with one RAM in it, listen to the beeping and tell us what exact beeping it was (how many and short or long).

Solution
Mar 29, 2019

Thanks so much it works now. The problem was I didnt pluged it hard enough I used a lot of force to plug it now and it works.

Reactions: McKeu