Question Computer turned off now gives no sign of life.

sloan1209

Distinguished
May 6, 2016
This pc has been working for a couple years now. Tonight while using it, it abruptly turned off. I pressed the button and nothing happened. No fans or light or noises turn on. I’ve verified the outlet and all that is good. I used a multi meter and metal pins and found the PSU is working. The fan turned on when I joined the green and black pins together. However when plugged in to the whole system, nothing happens.

i suspect the motherboard got fried or something but don’t know how to prove it or if how I think it happened is possible. I’ve always had problems with my usb headphones. If I tough the part of the cord that connects to the headphones, all my programs glitch out and sometimes crash. The computer happened to turn off when I accidentally bumped the usb plug on my headphones. I don’t know if it’s possible for it to send a short through the usb and dry the motherboard through there. If there is a way I can figure out what’s going on I’d like to know. I have a multi meter to help test things.