computer turned off, wont turn back on again

xnecromia

Prominent
Dec 13, 2017
I took a nap and left my computer on. When i got back on a short while later my computer turned off and wouldn't turn on. No power would run through it. I tried an older motherboard an it worked fine. I'm guessing the power connectors are not working on my newer motherboard anymore. Is there anything I could do to try and fix it myself or should I just return it and get something else? Also what could have been the cause of something like this?

Edit: my specs if it helps https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

Solution

It is there, just hidden right behind the LAN port on the back panel.

You also have 4 small "EZ Debug LED's" just below the 24-pin power connector. Watch what they do as your computer boots.

These LEDs indicate the status of the motherboard
CPU - indicates CPU is not detected or fail.
DRAM - indicates DRAM is not detected or fail.
VGA - indicates GPU is not detected or fail.
BOOT - indicates booting device is not detected or fail.

xnecromia

Prominent
Dec 13, 2017
It is a MSI - H270I GAMING PRO AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard.
Older motherboard is a MSI - H110M Gaming Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
The lights and the fan on the older motherboard were working but now after putting my i7 6700k and installing my new cooler on my older motherboard with everything else the fans and the lights arent working on that one either. Tried putting my old cpu on my new motherboard and starting it to see if it was the cpu but now that wont start either.

edit: Never mind I'm stressing out. Have a video I have to finish editing for a group project by tomorrow that's on the computer and study for the final. Accidentally mixed up the pwr switch and reset. My older motherboard works fine.

Is this a new build? How long has your computer been working properly before these problems.
What is your power supply and what HDD's are you using?

xnecromia

Prominent
Dec 13, 2017

It needs a jumper for the cmos to be cleared. I have no idea what happened to it. I might have accidentally thrown it away unfortunately. The old old I'm using right now have a regular cmos that can be taken out and put back in so I'll probably end up sticking with it.

You can also clear the CMOS by unplugging the computer and removing the motherboards coin battery for 30 seconds.

It is there, just hidden right behind the LAN port on the back panel.

You also have 4 small "EZ Debug LED's" just below the 24-pin power connector. Watch what they do as your computer boots.

These LEDs indicate the status of the motherboard
CPU - indicates CPU is not detected or fail.
DRAM - indicates DRAM is not detected or fail.
VGA - indicates GPU is not detected or fail.
BOOT - indicates booting device is not detected or fail.

Solution