[SOLVED] Computer turned on and It does have windows sound but no display

Nov 28, 2019
Hello,

Im new to this thread so pls guide me. I just got my new pre built computer yesterday and the included monitor for this is still on shipped. While waiting I tried to connect my new computer into my old monitor which is aoc 936w which is an old monitor. no hdmi. it only has vga and dvi. and my computer spec is AMD ryzen 7 2700, RX570 and it has a 24gb of ram. I tried to connect both internal vga port from motherboard but same issue. the monitor is still displaying no signal, I tried to connect my vga hdmi adapter into the gpu but the monitor is still displaying a "no signal" output. But i see some signs of life of my computer when i tried connect my speaker, keyboard and mouse. I can hear windows notifications and errors if i do some random window + r command. pls help. my old monitor is working when i tried to connect into my old laptop tho. but not on my new computer. is there something to do with my old laptop vs into my new computer? :(

Solution
Thanks for your reply mate. I also tried the available vga slot from the motherboard. i tried to connect the working cable there going to my monitor. and my old monitor won't display anything. its very odd for me. this is the first time that i encounter this kindof problem. as far as i know old monitor or not can still use and connect into the new computer.

Likely it's an adapter issue. You won't get anything from the VGA slot from the motherboard because you're not running an APU like a 2200G or 2400G; you'll never get a signal on anything from the motherboard because you have a CPU with no integrated graphics.

Can't say anything about your old laptop connecting without knowing anything about your old laptop or the port...
Nov 28, 2019
  1. Maybe the cable/adapter problem.
  2. Maybe the PSU, your PSU may have problem to handle the rx 570.
  3. Maybe the RAM, try to use only one stick.
Thanks for your reply mate. I also tried the available vga slot from the motherboard. i tried to connect the working cable there going to my monitor. and my old monitor won't display anything. its very odd for me. this is the first time that i encounter this kindof problem. as far as i know old monitor or not can still use and connect into the new computer.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

Likely it's an adapter issue. You won't get anything from the VGA slot from the motherboard because you're not running an APU like a 2200G or 2400G; you'll never get a signal on anything from the motherboard because you have a CPU with no integrated graphics.

Can't say anything about your old laptop connecting without knowing anything about your old laptop or the port you're using.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry (or bother) until you have your new monitor.

If you continue to have a problem, the first thing to do is to take out the mismatched stick of RAM; 24 GB means your mixing-and-matching which can cause problems.

Your power supply might be low quality because it's a pre-built that may be a longer-term problem rather than what's keeping you from seeing anything right now; companies that sell prebuilts are known for including junky power supplies, but they at least want them to last through the short warranty period.

Reactions: kingswood
Solution
Nov 28, 2019

Can't say anything about your old laptop connecting without knowing anything about your old laptop or the port you're using.

If you continue to have a problem, the first thing to do is to take out the mismatched stick of RAM; 24 GB means your mixing-and-matching which can cause problems.

Your power supply might be low quality because it's a pre-built that may be a longer-term problem rather than what's keeping you from seeing anything right now; companies that sell prebuilts are known for including junky power supplies, but they at least want them to last through the short warranty period.
thank you sir! those explanations were very detailed. I understand now. i will keep you posted here once i got my new monitor. :) thank you!

Nov 28, 2019

Hello,

my monitor just arrived yesterday and confirmed that it is working! thank you mate! :)