Computer turnig on but no display

harounfairin

Prominent
Oct 22, 2017
I was in CSGO tournament and I was playing around with my pc when I died, and hit the lever for the cpu fan and i t fell, I got a new cpu, and the problem continues.
My cpu fan is spinning slow and my desktop pc is turning on without display it isn the psu or gpu or ram but i got a new cpu and it is still not working. The fan is going very slow as well
My specs:
GTX 1060 6GB
AMD FX 8370
800 watt 80+
16 Gb RAM

Solution
At all? Yeah might be gpu but some gpus are designed to briefly spin on startup and then fans don't turn on until temps of the gpu reach pretty high levels (like 50C). So if they're not spinning a minute or two after boot, it might not be that they're dead. But if they show absolutely no sign of life right after you press power button, then that might be an issue.
Is there another computer you can put your gpu into to test it out?

Sedivy

Estimable
I am not sure what you mean you hit the lever for the cpu fan and it fell. Was your system open? Out of the case? Did the fan or the radiator detach from the mobo? Did it fall on the mobo or something? Cause that sounds like possible mobo damage too beside the possibility of cpu damage. If no display, it could be your gpu as well. What exactly got hit when whatever happened happened?

harounfairin

Prominent
Oct 22, 2017

It is the switch to detactch the cpu fan i think it is the gpu tho because the fans dont spin when i try booting up my pc.

Sedivy

Estimable
At all? Yeah might be gpu but some gpus are designed to briefly spin on startup and then fans don't turn on until temps of the gpu reach pretty high levels (like 50C). So if they're not spinning a minute or two after boot, it might not be that they're dead. But if they show absolutely no sign of life right after you press power button, then that might be an issue.
Is there another computer you can put your gpu into to test it out?

Solution

harounfairin

Prominent
Oct 22, 2017
nope am poor :< but the lights for it are on

I know this is off topic but can u use a cpu fan in pwr_fan it goes like 1000000 rpm extreme fast and very loud is it safE?

Sedivy

Estimable
Hmm. Do you have a friend or anyone else with a system where you can briefly take out their gpu and put in yours, just to peek if it's being detected?
If the lights are on..hm. Do you have diagnostic lights on the mobo itself? Like the diagnostic leds?
Er....well it should be a 4 pin connector though I can't tell for sure until I look at your motherboard manual so yes, you shoudl be able to use it for your cpu fan, but, you have to go into bios and make sure it's set up for pwm fan and set up to respond to cpu temperatures and not just run at max speed. Otherwise...fan will run at max speed and be very loud.

harounfairin

Prominent
Oct 22, 2017

I don't have a friend to do that with, and I don't like taking out my gfx card and I dont havee diagnostic lights :<

Sedivy

Estimable
Not sure what to tell you then. You can try plugging in your cpu fan into a different fan header like the cpu_opt or pwr_fan (provided you set it up in bios correctly). Otherwise you need to test out your components separately. If you don't want to do it yourself, you could take it into a repair shop so they can test them for you. Without display and any diagnostic tools, it's hard to figure out if it's the gpu, motherboard or the fan header, maybe system not detecting the cpu cooler, or something else entirely.

harounfairin

Prominent
Oct 22, 2017

I just wana know why the fans for the gfx card isnt spinning