Oct 11, 2022
So let me explain, I bought my computer 5 years ago:

• Processor Intel Core I5-7400 Kaby Lake LGA 1151 3.0Ghz 6MB Cache, BX80677I57400
  • Motheboard Gigabyte GA-B150M-Gaming 3 DDR4, chipset B150, LGA 1151
  • Fonte Corsair CX500 V2 500W, Certificado 80 Plus Bronze, PFC Ativo, CP-9020047-WW - BOX
RAM memory Crucial Ballistix Sport 4GB (1x4) 2400MHz DDR4 (the other one died)
Graphics Card EVGA Geforce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming 4GB GDDR5 128Bit
  • 2x RAM Memory Gamer Husky Gaming, Preto, 4GB, 2666Mhz, DDR4
  • SSD Gigabyte, 256GB, M.2, PCIe, NVMe, Reading: 1700Mb/s e Recording: 1100Mb/s

So, the problem is that some time ago my computer started presenting a error where it would turn off out of nowhere, and I was testing different slots to connect memory to see if it would turn on, and sometimes it did, but it would turn off again right after.

I send it my computer to an analyst and he said that the chipset was faulty and needed a fix, and it actually worked, until a week later the computer did the same thing again, turning off out of nowhere, everytime I would start the computer, the bios would apear but it would turn off right after some seconds on the windows desktop.

I go to sleep, turn off the computer completly, and the other day try again, and it's fine(?) but one of the memory was not being discovered.

Right now I'm trying to do a full scan (with memtest86) of the memories to see if they are faulty, but until now it's fine.

I just want to know what could be the problem.

obs.: I keep my computer very clean, I try to do it every 6 months, changing the thermal paste and cleaning with isopropilic alcoolhol 99,8%, it has 3 fans (one on the left side, one on the back and one on the processor, and even one on the graphic card).

I'm really confused, my analyst is too, we don't know if it could be memory or the motherboard starting to die.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Fonte Corsair CX500 V2 500W, Certificado 80 Plus Bronze, PFC Ativo, CP-9020047-WW - BOX
You have the green labelled CX unit which is considered to be a horrible unit.

I send it my computer to an analyst and he said that the chipset was faulty and needed a fix, and it actually worked,
What was the fix that was needed on said chipset? Driver reinstall?

If reseating your components helps with reviving your system, then you have either a PSU issue or a grounding issue.

turning off out of nowhere
That's a sign that the PSU is incapable of delivering power to your platform. Source a reliably built 450W PSU from a friend or neighbor and see if the issue persists.