Question Computer turning off when playing games, reseated a few components and now getting ‘surge detected’

Aug 26, 2021
Hey there.
So I recently finished uni and had to move my computer back home, no doubt giving my computer a few small knocks.
2 days ago it was fine however after a car journey my computer would turn off without warning when running a game. Sometimes it would take 10 mins of gametime sometimes it would take 2 hours. It would turn off and for 4-5 mins it wouldn’t turn back on.
I decided to reseat my GPU, RAM, some PSU Connectors. It just happened again after 2 hours of gameplay and this time instead of just turning off I got ‘power surges detected during the previous power on.’

I understand I probably need a new PSU however could I just disable the surge protector for now until I can afford one?

jasonf2

Honorable
Oct 11, 2015
Try reseating your 24 pin connector to the motherboard. I am assuming it is an Asus board and the error can be disabled in bios. Moving has been the death nail for many of my computers over the years. It is a good idea to pull the GPU and if using big air transport the unit with the the motherboard with the CPU facing up. This is typically on its side. Rust drives like to die when moving too, so a backup of critical files is a really good idea.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS