Question Computer turning on 10 - 15 mins after power button is pressed and works fine after.

Oct 27, 2022
Hey guys I have a rather unique problem.

My system specs are :
MSI a320 pro - Motherboard
Gtx 1050 ti 4GD - Graphics card
8 Gb ram -
600 watt X Tech - Power supply
1 T WDC Black - Hard Drive
250 GB - SSD

I have recently updated the bios to the latest version.
I have tested the power supply with my multimeter and it works well.
I have tested my Drives and Ram and they are good as well.

I have tried holding down the power button with the cmos battery in and out for 30 to 60 secs and they does not power on my pc.
I have also tried unplugging it and holding down the power button for 30 - 60 secs with and without the cmos battery in and the pc does not power on.

The only thing that seems to work is using a screw driver to touch the JBAT pins on the board for 10 to 20 secs and then leaving my pc alone for 10 - 15 minutes and it spontaneously boots up.
-
when it finally does post to the bios and OS etc it runs smooth no glitches no lagg no audio distortion no nothing out of the ordinary.
-
I have tried installing an old bios image but the bios on the motherboard does not let me install a old copy.
I don't know how to reset the bios to the factory image.
-
I take good care of my pc i shut it down every night but i have to unplug it otherwise it won't turn on the next day.
I don't know if it is something to do with residual power on the board something.
-
I literally have to push in the power cord into the PSU and rapidly press the power button for it to come on if i left it off and unplugged over night.
-
I have tried leaving it on overnight and it works fine as well the next day.

Can You Guys Help Me ? This is stressing me out! My board is a MSI a320 pro

Oct 27, 2022
600 watt X Tech is a very poor PSU in terms of build quality. Replace it.
But I tested it it's voltages are good and right now I don't have the cash for the one that I want.
-
I'm guessing you're saying that theoretically the PSU isn't giving the system enough power.
-
That assumption doesn't fix the issue, the power supply purpose is to give power when needed if the motherboard isn't taking power for 10 - 15 mins its most likely a problem with the bios.
-
I have tested the PSU and all the voltages are in the upper values of the Plus or Minus tolerances.

Oct 27, 2022
Testing voltages says nothing about proper operation of a psu.
It can only confirm a dead unit.

Replace the unit with a psu with a 7 to 10 year warranty.
The PSU works well in my other system its not the problem and also if the PSU was the problem I would have been having random system shut offs etc. it's barely 2 years old.

Oct 27, 2022
600 watt X Tech is a very poor PSU in terms of build quality. Replace it.
Testing voltages says nothing about proper operation of a psu.
It can only confirm a dead unit.

Replace the unit with a psu with a 7 to 10 year warranty.

New development I brought a new PSU as you guys suggested and the pc booted up immediately.
-
I went to bed woke up this morning and boom its not booting again, i should mention that i take out the cmos battery for a whole day yesterday when i was out.
-
I had the old PSU tested and the tech told me it's dead.
-
is is possible now that the cmos memory is corrupted or something?
-
I refence in a earlier post that it restarts on its own when the cmos battery is pulled for like 10 -15 mins
-
I have the lasted bios version and I also reinstalled the lasted bios version when it came on last week that didn't seem to fix the problem.
-
when the bios is cleared does a pc automatically restart ?